Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Herbal Tea Infusions and Flu Season

It's important to stay healthy and to prevent your immune system from becoming weak and susceptible to illness.  I often wonder if any of us would get sick if no one ever mentioned "Winter cold and flu season".  I was feeling fine until I heard someone mention flu shots and drinking theraflu (yuk!) and being miserable.

Luckily, there are a number of herbal remedies that can support your immune system and nourish your body, mind and spirit.
Tea Infusions are one of my favorite ways to ingest herbs, and they are probably the most enjoyable, too.

I was looking around online, and found a chart that makes recommendations for a multi-vitamin tea infusion.

Here is the chart:

This chart is from nourishingherbalist.com

I think this is a very helpful recipe chart, and very similar to the method I use to make my own tea infusions. This morning, I am infusing catnip, lemon balm, and spearmint leaves.

Catnip and lemon balm calm my nerves and alleviate anxiety.
Spearmint is one of my favorite aromatic flavors, not to mention, it is incredibly uplifting!

What are your favorite tea infusions?


No comments:

Post a Comment